Skip to content

NEOGAP acquires TCER Oncology AB, strengthening its position in personalised immunotherapy


PRESS RELEASE. Swedish biotechnology company NEOGAP Therapeutics, which is developing personalised immunotherapy, announces its acquisition of the remaining 30 per cent of the shares in its subsidiary, TCER Oncology AB. This acquisition will broaden NEOGAP’s patent portfolio and strengthen the company’s pipeline of potential drug candidates, further consolidating NEOGAP’s position in the field.

Previously, NEOGAP owned 70 per cent of the shares in TCER Oncology AB. During the second quarter of this year, the remaining 30 per cent was acquired from Rolf Kiessling and Stina Wickström in exchange for NEOGAP shares. This means that Rolf Kiessling and Stina Wickström, both prominent researchers in the company’s field, are now shareholders in NEOGAP, further enhancing the company’s scientific expertise. Rolf Kiessling is well-known for his discovery of NK cells, which have had significant implications in cancer research and the development of cancer therapies.

The acquisition not only expands NEOGAP’s patent portfolio but also enhances the company’s pipeline of potential candidates for future preclinical and clinical development.

In recent years, NEOGAP has enjoyed a successful academic collaboration with Rolf Kiessling and Stina Wickström to investigate how the company’s EpiTCer® beads can be used to stimulate dendritic cells and activate tumour-specific T cells in the patient’s blood. The collaboration has yielded fruitful results, leading to a patent application and the publication of their findings in the reputable scientific journal, Frontiers.

As a result of the acquisition, the patent rights now transfer from NEOGAP’s subsidiary, TCER Oncology, to NEOGAP.

”We are delighted to acquire the remaining shares in TCER Oncology and extend a warm welcome to Rolf Kiessling and Stina Wickström as valued shareholders in NEOGAP. This acquisition marks an important milestone, fortifying our standing in personalised immunotherapy. It allows us to expand our patent portfolio and pipeline of potential drug candidates while further developing our innovations in the field. We look forward to continuing to drive progress and deliver groundbreaking scientific breakthroughs in cancer treatment,” says Samuel Svensson, CEO of NEOGAP.

For more information, please contact:
Samuel Svensson, CEO
Phone: +46 733 54 21 94

About NEOGAP Therapeutics
NEOGAP Therapeutics is a Swedish clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing personalised cancer immunotherapy using patient’s own cells. The therapy is based on the company’s two technologies PIOR® and EpiTCer®. PIOR® is sophisticated software that uses DNA sequencing data from the patient and machine learning algorithms to select tumour-specific mutations. Then, EpiTCer® is used to multiply T cells that can recognise and attack the selected tumor-specific targets. NEOGAP is located at the Centre for Molecular Medicine at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. To learn more about NEOGAP and its cutting-edge research, please visit the company’s website at and follow NEOGAP on LinkedIn.

Access our Swedish press release on Cision’s press room
To read our press release in Swedish, please navigate to our press room on Cision, where you can access all of our latest news and announcements.