Our pharmaceutical product, pTTL (Personalised Tumour Trained Lymphocytes), offers a unique personalised cell therapy designed to target and eliminate cancer with comparably mild side effects. Currently, pTTL is being evaluated in a Phase I/II clinical trial.
Our tools include two proprietary technologies: EpiTCer® and the PIOR® software. These tools excel in identifying the most effective neoantigens to activate and amplify T-lymphocytes to eradicate the cancer.
pTTL: Personalised cancer therapy explained
Discover the science behind our pTTL cell therapy in this video.
Unique proprietary tools
Explore the specifics of our two innovative technologies, PIOR® and EpiTCer®, forming the basis of our pTTL therapy. Designed with precision and efficiency in mind, they offer cutting-edge solutions in neoantigen identification and delivery.
PIOR®: Precision in neoantigen identification
Treating cancer poses a complex challenge due to the varied mutations and the resulting neoantigens present in each tumour. For therapy to be effective, it’s crucial to target the most relevant mutations. PIOR® streamlines this process by identifying, selecting, and prioritising tumour-specific neoantigens for inclusion in personalised T-lymphocyte therapy. The software platform, built on state-of-the-art machine learning, captures the latest in neoantigen prediction and next-generation sequencing. It’s not only efficient and accurate but also GDPR-compliant, ensuring alignment with industry quality standards.
Selecting tumour-specific neoantigens
- Using state-of-the-art bioinformatic techniques, PIOR® compares DNA sequences from tumour cells to those from normal blood tissue to pinpoint tumour-specific mutations, known as neoantigens.
- The software employs advanced algorithms and machine learning to conduct a comprehensive analysis of these mutations. It identifies up to 36 of the most optimal tumour-specific neoantigens for each patient, which are then used in the production of personalised neoantigen EpiTCer® beads.
PIOR® in Focus: Q&A with the Product Owner
Hear from the product owner how our PIOR® software stands at the forefront of neoantigen identification.
EpiTCer® Technology: Carrying the neoantigens
NEOGAP’s EpiTCer® technology multiplies and instructs the patient’s T-cells to target the specific neoantigens derived from the patient’s tumour. Once these neoantigens are identified through our PIOR® software, they are produced and paired with magnetic microbeads, forming EpiTCer® beads.
Due to their optimal size and structure, EpiTCer® beads are readily taken up by antigen-presenting cells (APCs) like macrophages or dendritic cells through the process of phagocytosis, essentially ’cell-eating’.
These APCs interpret the antigens attached to the beads as foreign, processing and then displaying the neoantigen peptides on their surfaces. They present the antigens to the patient’s T-cells, essentially instructing them on which neoantigens to seek out. As a result, these T-cells get activated and multiply. After expansion of the cell population, the T-cells are formulated and infused into the patient, launching an attack against the tumour.
How EpiTCer® Beads Work:
- Patient-specific neoantigens are synthesised and then paired with superparamagnetic microbeads, forming EpiTCer® beads.
- APCs from the patient efficiently absorb these EpiTCer® beads, processing the patient-specific neoantigens and presenting them on the cell’s exterior.
- Upon recognising these processed neoantigens, specific T-cells become activated and start to divide.
- Following multiplication of T-cells with the aid of EpiTCer® beads, a substantial number of tumour-targeted T-cells are infused into the patient, initiating an offensive against the tumour.