Our pharmaceutical product, pTTL – Personalised Tumour Trained Lymphocytes, provides a unique personalised cell therapy designed to very precisely target and eliminate cancer in a personalised setting, with comparably mild side effects. An open label phase Ib/IIa clinical study will be initiated in 2023.
Our tools are the proprietary technologies EpiTCer® and the software PIOR®, together capable of identifying optimal neoantigens to target and to activate and multiply T-lymphocytes with the purpose of eradicating the cancer.
Personalised Tumour Trained Lymphocytes, pTTL
PIOR® software for neoantigen identification
Unique proprietary tools
Unique beads do the job
The EpiTCer® beads are designed for precise and optimal delivery and presentation of neoantigens. The size and structure of the EpiTCer® beads make them ideal targets for phagocytosis by Antigen Presenting Cells (APCs) such as macrophages or dendritic cells. The APC process the antigens coupled to the beads as a foreign object and displays the neoantigen peptides on the cell surface bound in complex with the MHC molecule. In both in vivo and in vitro settings tumor-specific T-cells from patients can expand provided that both T-cells and APC are present for cell-cell interaction.
The EpiTCer® technology is adopted in the pTTL product and can also be applied in other oncology applications such as dendritic cell vaccination and active cancer vaccination. Due to the nature of the technology, the full application area of this technology is very wide and basically covers any condition caused by a dysfunction of the immune system. Early stage collaborations projects are being evaluated with EpiTCer® beads either as a pharmaceutical product or as a tool for T-cell diagnostics for COVID-19 and in the field of multiple sclerosis.
EpiTCer® beads – efficient delivery system for patient-specific neoantigens
- Patient-specific neoantigens are produced and coupled to superparamagnetic microbeads to form EpiTCer® beads.
- EpiTCer® beads are efficiently taken up by the antigen processing cells, harvested from the patient, by a process called phagocytosis. The patient-specific neoantigens are then digested in the complex antigen processing machinery and presented on the cell surface.
- When specific T-cells recognize the processed neoantigens on the surface of the antigen presenting cells, they become activated and start to divide.
- After successful cell expansion, aided by EpiTCer® beads, a large number of tumour-specific T-cells are infused back to the patient.
Neoantigens are the targets
PIOR® software is a state-of-the art tool developed by NEOGAP Therapeutics for identification, selection and ranking of tumour specific T-lymphocyte targets (neoantigen peptides) to be included in the production process for personalised T-lymphocyte therapy.
The PIOR® software platform includes machine learning to capture improvements generated within the field of neoantigen prediction and next generation sequencing. PIOR® software is efficient, highly accurate and compliant with GDPR and current industry quality standards.
- By comparing DNA sequences from tumour and blood (normal tissue) cells we identify tumour-specific mutations, neoantigens. However, identification and prediction of neoantigens with therapeutic potential is challenging.
- Our state-of-the art bioinformatic software PIOR® allows us to identify the most optimal tumour-specific neoantigens to be included in the production of personalised neoantigen EpiTCer® beads.